Our Church School
RE In Action
Religious Education at St Clement’s contributes dynamically to children’s education by;
- Provoking challenging questions about meaning and purpose in life, beliefs about God, ultimate reality, issues of right and wrong and what it means to be human.
- In RE pupils learn about religions and beliefs in local, national and global contexts, to discover, explore and consider different answers to these questions.
- Pupils learn to weigh up the value of wisdom from different sources, to develop and express their insights in response and to agree or disagree respectfully.
- Teaching equips pupils with systematic knowledge and understanding of a range of religions and beliefs, to enable them to develop their ideas, values and identities.
- RE develops an aptitude for dialogue so that pupils can participate positively in our society, with its diverse religions and beliefs.
- Pupils gain and deploy the skills needed to understand, interpret and evaluate texts, sources of wisdom and authority and other evidence. They learn to articulate clearly and coherently their personal beliefs, ideas, values and experiences while respecting the right of others to differ.
The principal aim of religious education is to explore what people believe and what difference this makes to how they live, so that pupils can gain the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to handle questions raised by religion and belief, reflecting on their own ideas and ways of living.
RE explores big questions about life, to find out what people believe and what difference this makes to how they live. RE helps us to make sense of religion and belief and reflect on our own ideas and ways of living.
Key Question: Which places are special and why?
Key Question: What special times have you had and what do other people celebrate?
Key Question: How & why do we celebrate special and sacred times?
Y1 RE books
Key Question: What do you celebrate and why?
Y2 RE books
Key Question: Why are festivals important to religious communities?
Y3 RE books
Key Question: Why are festivals important to religious communities? –Focus on Hindus and Muslims
Y4 RE books
Key Question: If God is everywhere, why go to a place of worship?
Y5 RE books
Key Question: : Is it better to express your religion in arts and architecture or in charity and generosity?
Y6 RE books
Christian Values tree.
We are so proud.